Working from Home
Here are some ideas and links for families to access while school is closed to the vast majority of children:
I have made a conscious effort to call it ‘learning at home’ and not ‘home schooling’ as I see these as 2 very different things.
I know that there is a great deal out there, online and being shared on social media, which is brilliant to help fill the days but I am sure it may also be very overwhelming so please take your time to look at things and decide if these ideas are for you and your family.
I have been hearing about and seeing people who have created timetables and work schedules and if this is working for you then great – keep it going.
Please do not feel pressured if you have not done this as some children will be feeling very anxious about all the changes that are happening around them. You know your children best so please work with what you know.
- Sharing stories
- Keeping a diary/writing stories
- SPaG,com (for Y6)
- Times Table Rock Stars (Y2 – Y6)
- Hit the Button - https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/hit-the-button
- Purple Mash (if your child does not know their user name and password please ask and we can provide it)
- art and craft activities
- model building - Lego etc
- quiet time/yoga - Cosmic Kids Yoga - YouTube
- Research topics for KS1 & KS2
- KS1 – Grace Darling and Castles
- KS2 – Leisure and Entertainment
These projects can be as big as you want them to be and if you have completed one of the ideas try another one.
We will be adding to this over the next week and then topping it up on a weekly basis.
Please keep taking a look to see if there are more links and ideas.
Teachers will try to email on a weekly basis.
Please remember the children need some down time as well and can always learn or practise other skills:
- Menu planning, writing shopping lists
- Helping with washing, tidying
- Getting some exercise
We do understand that parents may need to go to go to work, work from home and could have children of different ages at home so we do not want to create something unmanageable.
Please keep checking this area of the website for more ideas and updates.
- EYFS - Number Formation Rhyme Cards.pdf
- EYFS number-formation-activity-sheet_ver_3.pdf
- EYFS -line-handwriting-worksheets_ver_4.pdf
- Reception - Checklist for R - 1st 100 high frequency words to be able to spell.pdf
- Reception - Hand writing phrases - for parents.pdf
- Reception - Number Formation Rhyme Cards.pdf
- Botswana Class - Castle Project Work.pdf
- Botswana Class - Maths.pdf
- Botswana Class - Grace Darling Topic Work.pdf